1. Grant of licence
Bayside City Council licenses the Premises to the Playhouse to occupy. Under the terms of the licence, the Playhouse may make the Premises available for causal hire to members of the Playhouse (Member) for the specified purpose of birthday parties for Members pre-school aged children, but only where this does not interfere with the primary purpose of the Premises or does not unreasonably interfere with the other occupiers of the Building or does not adversely affect the amenity of nearby neighbours.
The Member undertakes to comply with and use their best endeavours to ensure compliance with these conditions. The Playhouse may at its discretion refuse to accept any application for hire.
Cancellations of Party Bookings must be made with 30 days notice in order to be eligible for a 50% refund of funds paid.
Less than 30 days notice will not receive a refund.
The Playhouse’s Public Liability Insurance Policy covers birthday party hiring.
· Hires and uses the Premises at the Member’s own risk and releases the Playhouse and Council to the extent permitted by law, from all liability and loss in connection with the Premises including where the Playhouse or Council terminates the hiring of the Premises for any reason whatsoever.
· Expressly indemnifies the Playhouse and Bayside City Council against all loss and liability in connection with the Member’s hiring of the Premises including any damage caused to the Premise or any loss, injury or death to any person in or about the Premises, except to the extent to which the Playhouse or Council is negligent.
The key to playhouse is locked in a key coded canister. Please get in contact with a committee member if you are unsure of the current code to access the key.
The Member must not duplicate keys or change locks to the Premises and must not give the keys to any other person. The Member must immediately notify the Playhouse if any key is lost.
7. Obligations on Member
· The Member must only use the Premises for the purpose of birthday parties for current Member’s pre-school aged children only and not for any other use
· The Member must be present at all times during the birthday party
· The Playhouse guidelines (including nut free policy) are to be adhered to at all times
· No alcohol is permitted to be brought onto or consumed at the Premises at any time
· All types of confetti are banned on the Premises
· No smoking is permitted on the Premises. If the smoke alarm goes off during the hiring of the Premises and the Fire Authorities come to the Premises the Member is liable to pay the fine
· The Member must make every endeavour to ensure guests park vehicles in the off-street car parking areas that maybe available at the Playhouse. All parking of vehicles must be in accordance with the displayed parking signs
· Please keep the circular driveway clear to allow access for emergency vehicles if required
· The Member may arrange their own caterers and entertainment but the Member is fully responsible for the conduct of their contractors
· No sound or amplified equipment or loudspeakers are installed in the Premises so as to be audible from outside the building
· The permissible noise levels of the hire must comply with the relevant requirements of the State Environment Protection Policy (Control of Music Noise from Public Premises). The Member is to ensure that their use does not cause any disturbance to the peace and quiet of the neighbourhood and must request guests to leave the premises in a quiet and orderly manner. No noise is to be audible outside of the building
· The provisions of all Acts and Regulations of the State of Victoria must be strictly observed by the Playhouse, the Member and all persons using the Premises and the Playhouse and the Member must be responsible to see that this condition is observed and will be held liable for any breach thereof
· There is a BBQ in the maintenance shed. If used please leave it clean. Also let the Party Co-ordinator know so we can make sure there is gas available
The use of any portable, freestanding signs on or above any roadway, footpath or public place without prior approval from the Council is prohibited.
Please ensure that the display of approved signage does not cause damage to the inside and/or outside of the building by nails, screws, adhesive fasteners or other attachments. Any repairs or cleaning to the building will be deducted from the security deposit and or billed to the Member.
The Playhouse or Council may terminate the Member’s hiring of the Premises and enforce the cleaning and closing of the Premises if a Council officer or Playhouse Committee Member is of the opinion that these hire conditions or any of them are not being observed during the period of any hiring and such breach is continued or persisted after the Council officer or Playhouse Committee Member has given verbal notice thereof to the Member.
10. Art room
The party fee does not include the use of the art room or any art room materials.
12. Cleaning and Maintenance
Good order must be preserved by the Member at all times and throughout the premises hired.
Please bring your own bin liners and tea towels.
The floor, walls, or any part of the building must not be damaged by nails, screws, adhesive fasteners or other attachments.
The Premises must be left in a clean and orderly state and in accordance with the following cleaning requirements:
1. All food, food wrappers, party rubbish and glass breakages must be cleared. If a piñata is used, please ensure that the contents are collected and removed from the Premises.
2. All party decorations must be removed and any damage made good.
3. All toys and equipment must be returned to their locations as at the start of the hire period.
4. Sweeping of all hard floors, mopping and vacuuming where necessary (the vacuum and blower are in the art room cupboard, the mops and buckets are in the adult toilet).
5. All toilets must be cleaned where necessary.
6. Arrangement for steam cleaning or dry cleaning of carpets if spillage occur;
7. Cleaning of all kitchen appliances and equipment, including kitchen benches, tables, chairs and bench tops;
8. All rubbish, including bottles generated by the Member (internal and external) to be removed from the Premises; our weekly rubbish collection does not take into account rubbish generated from parties.
9. Return all tables, chairs and other loose chattels to their location as at the start of the hire period.
10. Remove all foodstuffs from the fridge and other areas.
11. Switch off air-conditioning, heater, lights and all other appliances and enable the security alarm (if applicable).
12. Secure and lock all doors and windows.
13. Notify the Playhouse of any injuries or damages that have occurred during the hire period.
It is the Member’s responsibility to make sure that the caterer and or cleaner hired comply with the above conditions.
In the event that the Premises is damaged or left in an untidy or unclean condition, then any fee for repair, cleaning or removal of rubbish will be billed to the member concerned.